Published on The F-Word – 19 August 2013
“Most sex workers find it difficult to report rape or violence because of the stigma associated with prostitution. Ruth Jacobs argues for a model that treats crimes against sex workers as hate crimes, a model that has been successful in increasing reporting of crimes and convictions in Merseyside…” Read the full article on The F-Word here.
- Rt Hon Mrs Theresa May MP: Make the Merseyside hate crime model of policing prostitution law UK wide
- Merseyside Model Campaign Interviews
- Cry for the Merseyside Model: Crimes Against People in Prostitution/Sex Workers Must Be Treated As Hate Crimes UK Wide
- BBC1 Inside Out: The Merseyside Hate Crime Model of Policing Prostitution
- Staying Safe: The Merseyside Model – Ruth Jacobs interviewed on Policing Today (Part 1)
- Victim-centred: The Merseyside Model – Ruth Jacobs interviewed on Policing Today (Part 2)
- The Merseyside Model Saves Lives – so why is it not being rolled out nationally?
- International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers – 17th December